One-Day Tours From Chitina to McCarthy – Wrangell-St
Wrangell St. Elias is a vast national park that rises from the ocean all the way up to 18,008 ft. At 13.2 million acres, the park is the same size as Yellowstone National Park, Yosemite National Park, and Switzerland combined!... Historic Kennicott and Wrangell-St. Elias Flightseeing Adventure—Flightseeing is the best way to see the vast wilderness and some of the most breathtaking views.
Wrangell St. Elias National Park & Preserve Alaska
Wrangell-St. Elias National Park is one such place, where Mother Nature’s phenomenal handiwork is on display around every river bend and over every mountain pass. Come along as we uncover a few of the most magical elements that make Wrangell-St. Elias a can’t-miss stop on your journey.... Your Travel Starts at Skagway, AK 99840, USA. It Ends at Wrangell-St. Elias National Park & Preserve, Alaska, USA. Want to know only the driving distance between Skagway and Wrangell-St. Elias National Park & Preserve?
Trip Itineraries Wrangell - St Elias National Park
Wrangell-St. Elias National Park is located in the Eastern region of Southcentral Alaska. It is bordered on the east by Canada’s Kluane National Park and easily accessible by air, or if driving, by road via the Edgerton Highway and McCarthy Road. how to tell real beats from fake Historic Kennicott and Wrangell-St. Elias Flightseeing Adventure—Flightseeing is the best way to see the vast wilderness and some of the most breathtaking views.
Flightseeing Trips Sightseeing Wrangell St. Elias
Wrangell-St. Elias is the largest national park in the entire system, bigger than the entire country of Switzerland and the size of Yellowstone National Park six times over! In 1978 the park was designated an international World Heritage site with Kluane National Park (the first bi-national designation). how to visit empire state building Add world heritage to your travel plans – plan to visit Kluane / Wrangell-St. Elias / Glacier Bay / Tatshenshini-Alsek! Sign up on GoUNESCO to get travel advice, tips, partners and help with traveling to Kluane / Wrangell-St. Elias / Glacier Bay / Tatshenshini-Alsek.
How long can it take?
Wilderness.net Wrangell-Saint Elias Wilderness - General
- Wrangell St. Elias National Park & Preserve Alaska
- Wrangell-St. Elias Our July National Park of the Month
- Alaska Classic Roadtrip Tour Alaska Travel
- A photo tour of Wrangell-St. Elias National Park in Alaska
How To Visit Wrangell St Elias
McCarthy, Kennicott & Wrangell-St. Elias: A Motherlode of Magnificent Mountains and Alaska Mining History Located at the end of one of Alaska’s roughest rural roads, and set deep in the Interior and mountainous wilds of America’s largest national park, the 13.2 million acre Wrangell-St. Elias
- Wrangell-St. Elias National Park in Alaska takes its status as the largest park in the National Park System seriously. Wrangell-St. Elias is six times the size of Yellowstone, and the park's largest glacier, Malaspina, is so big that the state of Rhode Island could fit on it.
- Welcome to Wrangell – St. Elias National Park and Preserve. The largest National Park in the United States, home to the greatest mountain ranges on the continent and part of the largest swathe of protected wilderness in the world.
- There are 6 ways to get from Seward to Wrangell–St. Elias National Park and Preserve by bus, plane or taxi. Select an option below to see step-by-step directions and to compare ticket prices and travel times in Rome2rio's travel planner.
- Exploring what to see and do in Wrangell-St. Elias National Park can be overwhelming, but Frommer's has the definitive guide on the internet for things to do.