AS A MATTER OF FACT Cambridge Dictionary
Annie continued in a matter-of-fact tone. Adu then told Ethan in a matter-of-fact way:. He seems matter-of-fact rather than terrified. Doing this in a matter-of-fact tone and attitude.... The phrase 'in fact' would be used in the beginning of a sentence. Usually it is after another sentence about a relating topic.
as a matter of fact Definition of as a matter of fact in
120+1 sentence examples: 1. Well, as a matter of fact, I did. 2. As a matter of fact, I didn't have anything. 3. As a matter of fact his remarks overrode your motion. 4. As a matter of fact, business has come to a stop. 5. It's not that difficult. As... Use conjunctions as well as/instead of sentence connectors. A conjunction is a word like 'and', 'but', etc, which is used to join two ideas together into a complex sentence. Unlike sentence connectors such as 'However', etc, a conjunction cannot be used at the beginning of a sentence and must come at a mid-point, at the end of one clause and the beginning of another. It is usually possible to
By the way vs. As a matter of fact Daily Writing Tips
Annie continued in a matter-of-fact tone. Adu then told Ethan in a matter-of-fact way:. He seems matter-of-fact rather than terrified. Doing this in a matter-of-fact tone and attitude. how to wear a green coat You use as a matter of fact to introduce a statement that gives more details about what has just been said, or an explanation of it, or something that contrasts with it. The local people saw the suffering to which these deportees were subjected. And, as a matter of fact, the local people helped the
As a matter of fact Synonyms As a matter of fact Antonyms
But avoid excessive use of these words to begin a sentence. Use these words in the beginning of a sentence onlywhen they really give strength to your language. Use these words in the beginning of a sentence onlywhen they really give strength to your language. how to use effort in a sentence In this example, the whole that-clause is the subject of the sentence. Instead of “that” we can also use the belief that, the fact that, the idea that, the evidence that. e.g .
How long can it take?
Could you please *use* "matter-a-factly" and "as a matter
- By the way vs. As a matter of fact Daily Writing Tips
- As a matter of fact Synonyms As a matter of fact Antonyms
- How can you use as a matter of fact in a sentences?
- Matter-of-fact dictionary definition matter-of-fact defined
How To Use Matter Of Fact In A Sentence
• It was matter-of-fact, the way some one might say it looks like rain. • A spokesman listed the casualties in a detached , matter-of-fact tone of voice. • There cancer is not feared and dreaded , but is treated in a matter-of-fact way as an everyday occurrence .
- Yes, as a matter of fact, I had been given kind of the death sentence back at the beginning of the year. I was in the Caribbean, as a matter of fact , on a vacation and I called him right away. Now as a matter of fact there are few better times and places to set a novel than in Victorian England.
- matter-of-fact also matter of fact , 1570s as a noun, originally a legal term (translating Latin res facti ), "that portion of an enquiry concerned with the truth or falsehood of alleged facts," opposed to matter …
- the fact (of the matter) is From Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English the fact (of the matter) is the fact (of the matter) is spoken IN FACT used when you are telling someone what is actually true in a particular situation , especially when this may be difficult to accept , or different from what people believe The fact of the matter is that he’s just not up to the job. → fact
- Use 'fact' in a Sentence Our public speaking professor asked us to pick our favorite public speaker and write down 2 interesting fact s about them in our class journals. 19 people found this helpful